The entry requirements to be able to follow a training programme differ per programme (for specific entry requirements please see the training). Everyone who has succesfully completed a training programme receives a certificate.
Candidates for one of the certification trajectory will have to meet the entry requirements. In short, following training programmes of Dialexis is not a guarantee for receiving a certification for e.g. being a DBT therapists.
There are five possible certification trajectories:
- Certified individual DBT therapist
- Certified DBT skills trainer
- Certified teacher of DBT skills trainer
- Certified DBT trainer/supervisor
- Certified DBT team
Why is certification important?
- DBT is a treatment that saves lives. Dialexis allocates Certification to professionals who have gone through a rigorous assessment process of their qualifications, knowledge and capacity to adress DBT.
- As developed by Dr. Marsha Linehan, DBT is recognized by HHS / SAMHSA, an US federal agency, as an evidence-based treatment.
- DBT Certification of Dialexis is the only Dutch DBT Certification recognized by Linehan, PhD.
- DGT Certification, like other types of certification in mental health care, indicates that a professional is willing to be judged by experts and is prepared to comform to strict professional standards.