For DBT therapists who have followed the intensive 10-days DBT training, Dialexis offers an advanced training to refresh the knowledge of DBT and enhance skills. Part of the training will be:
- Acquiring more in depth the application of mindfulness with severely emotional disregulated patients.
- Learning, by means of application of validation, to form a hypothesis about the meaning and function of severely emotional disregulated behaviour, and testing this in practice (e.g. how does one talk with patients about problematic phone calls, or about boundary-crossing behaviour).
- Learning to use and provoke dialectical tension when working with severely disregulated patients.
- Executing a suicide risk-assessment, and being able to apply this assessment in the treatment.
- Attention for de operation of the consultation team (guidance, problems, and questions).
The training lasts 2 days from 8:30 to 17:30.
Contact hours: 14. Homework assignments and literature: 11 hours.
All participants are expected to have read the following texts before the start of the training:
- the pieces about (cognitive) behaviour therapy, validation, dialectics, and the consultation team from the book “Dialectische gedragstherapie: Blijven zoeken naar balans”, written by Steven Meijer and Wies van den Bosch (in Dutch).
- Chapter 7 about focus and mindfulness from the book “DBT Skills Training: Handouts and worksheets” written by Marsha M. Linehan.
Furthermore, before the start of the training, the participants are asked to elaborate on at least one problematic situation from DBT (individual or in the teamwork) by means of a chain analysis form.
DBT practitioners, DBT skills trainers who have completed the intensive DBT training and have practiced DBT actively for at least one year (including membership of a consultation team).
535 euros, this includes tea/coffee and lunch.
To receive a certificate the participant has to be present for 100% of the training.
Accreditation is requested at the following associations:
VGCt – FGzPt – V&VN – VSR – NVvP – NIP K&J/ NVO OG – NVG – NIP Eerstelijnspsychologie
Check our schedule for planned trainings. If interested, we would like to hear from you by email.