The DBT trainer is an expert in the area of dialectical behavior therapy and works for Dialexis. The trainer is able to give independently with a (co)trainer the intensive training as well as the advanced DBT training. Furthermore, he/she can give, together with the teacher of DBT skills trainers, the training ‘train the skills trainer’. The trainer is able to offer consultation to (starting) DBT team in the Netherlands and individual supervision to aspiring DBT therapists. Thorough knowledge in dialectical behavior therapy and psychotherapeutic interventions is indispensable.
- Being an individual DBT therapist
- Being member of a specialist psychotherapy association
- Being a registered clinical psychologist BIG/NIP or have a comparable registration (e.g. psychiatrist with psychotherapy registration)
- Having followed a course behavior therapy and having behavior therapeutic experience
- Being active as individual therapist in a DBT team
- Having didactic qualities and experience in giving of training programs
- One has to give twice the intensive training as a co-trainer together with a certified trainer
- After each training the trainer assesses the aspiring trainer by means of a checklist
Requirements to stay DBT trainer
The DBT trainer has to assess recordings of two DBT session every 4 years according to the adherence coding. Both sessions have to be judged as sufficient. Additionally, the trainer should be actively part of a DBT consultation team.