The DBT trainer is an expert in the area of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and works for Dialexis. The trainer is able to give independently with a (co)trainer the intensive training as well as the advanced DBT training. Furthermore, he/she can give, together with the teacher of DBT skills trainers, the training ‘train the skills trainer’. The trainer is able to offer consultation to (starting) DBT team in the Netherlands and individual supervision to aspiring DBT therapists. Very thorough knowledge in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and psychotherapeutic intervention is indispensable.
- Being an individual DBT therapist
- Being member of a specialist psychotherapy association
- Being a registered clinical psychologist BIG/NIP or have a comparable registration (e.g. psychiatrist with psychotherapy registration)
- Having followed a course behaviour therapy and having behaviour therapeutic experience
- Being active as individual therapist in a DBT team
- Having didactic qualities and experience in giving of training programmes
- One has to give the intensive training as a co-trainer together with a certified trainer twice
- After each training the trainer assesses the aspiring trainer by means of a checklist
- One has to have individual supervision from the head trainer for further deepening of the therapeutic qualities.
Requirements to stay DBT trainer/supervisor
The DBT trainer/supervisor has to send Dialexis recordings of two DBT session every 4 years to be judged according to the adherence coding scale. Both sessions have to be judged as sufficient. Additionally, the trainer/supervisor should be actively part of a DBT consultation team.