A certified DBT skills trainer is able to:
- Give together with a co-trainer the skills training in a DBT programme for diverse patient populations with mainly borderline problems.
- To use didactic and substantive qualities during the training.
- To guide a co-trainer in executing his/her role.
- Has at least two years of work experience in the mental health care system
- Possess experience with working with borderline problems, or problems of a comparable severity.
- Completed successfully an education to become psychiatric nurse or a comparable education.
- Following the Intensive training
- Following the course ‘train the trainer‘.
- Giving the four modules of the DBT skills training together with an experienced trainer.
- Get a positive assessment of a teacher of DBT skills trainers
- The aspiring trainer shows to be able to discuss the homework and theory during the skills training by means of three video recordings of a training session including verbatim report.
- The coder pays attention to the elements above with a competence-oriented checklis.
- The assessment is complete when the aspiring trainer scores sufficiently for every part.