The DBT skills trainer is able to:
- Give together with a co-trainer the skills training in a DBT program for diverse client populations with mainly borderline problems.
- Use didactic and substantive qualities during the training.
- Guide a co-trainer in executing their role.
- The DBT skills trainer has at least two years of work experience in mental health care.
- Possess experience with guiding clients with borderline problems, or problems of a comparable severity.
- Completed successfully an education to become psychiatric nurse or a comparable education.
- Following the Intensive training.
- Following the course Train the Trainer.
- Giving the four modules of the DBT skills training together with an experienced trainer.
- Receive a positive assessment of a DBT skills trainers
- The aspiring trainer shows that he/she is able to discuss the homework and theory during the skills training by means of at least three recordings of a training session including verbatim report.
- The coder pays attention to the elements above with a competence-oriented checklist.
- The assessment has been completed when all parts are sufficient.